Saturday, December 15, 2007

“Since I Left You”: Air France Flight No. 8995

Muttering to myself (Remember… George Michael), I board the flight and take my seat. As I settle in and struggle to discretely avoid the wedgie that is forming, my ears tune into “Since I Left You” by The Avalanches that is playing over the speakers as the boarding process unfolds.

I took notice of this for two reasons; (1) It’s a funky little number by a good group and, (2) It was not a song I would expect to hear playing over the speakers on an airplane. Kudos to the French for taking the “harsh off my mellow” that George Michael gave me.

Flight takes off and, to avoid any more in-flight movie experiences like the one Denver to New York flight, I popped an Ambien™ which, with the pre-flight drinks made for a nice and blurry flight over the Atlantic towards Paris.

Through the haze, I pondered the fact that Charles DeGaulle survived over 30 assassination attempts only to die of a heart attack while watching T.V. Indira Ghandi was assassinated by her Sikh bodyguards. John Fitzgerald Kennedy was assassinated by the CIA (Lee Harvey Oswald, my ass). These are all the Airports along my route.

Another fact that I found fascinating was…that…ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz **snort**drool**”Huh, oh no baguette, thanks” zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…….

No comments: